Olympic Steel – Apply
The Safety, Health & Environmental (SH&E) Manager assists in the oversight of SH&E programs at the Schaumburg and Bartlett, IL facilities. The SH&E Manager will work closely with the Leadership Team at the divisions and the Regional SH&E Manager to drive successful implementation of the companies SH&E goals/objectives, programs and policies. The SH&E Manager ensures that their division maintains compliance with current Local, State & Federal regulations by working with the General Manager to implement timely solutions to identified issues. Leads accident investigations, root cause analysis, and ensures the completion of corrective actions and tracks and monitors safety corrective actions and proactively drive actions to closure. The Manager reviews and audits OSHA 300 log, OSHA 300A Form & OSHA 301 Forms, advises on Workers’ Compensation claims and activities, reviews associated claim data as required. The Manager also performs or coordinates all industrial hygiene (IH) activities and coordinates all required employee medical surveillance for safety programs (i.e. Hearing Conservation Program, Respiratory Protection Program, etc.). The SH&E Manager collaborates with leaders at other divisions, as appropriate, to drive improvements in safety performance and culture.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a safety related field and 5-10+ years of related SH&E work experience with focus in warehousing and manufacturing.
- Master’s degree and/or safety certifications preferred.
- Previous experience in a metal service center or steel industry preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability in collecting and analyzing data; preparing reports; and training employees.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Customer focused and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse work community.
Why Work for Olympic Steel:
Olympic Steel offers comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision benefits; paid holidays and vacation; a 401(k) match; tuition reimbursement; and various opportunities to earn cash bonuses. And, we offer more than a competitive total compensation package. We provide our employees the ability to build a meaningful life-long career. When you work at Olympic Steel, you can make a significant impact – at our company, in the local community and in the world. See for yourself at IamOlympicSteel.com.