Safety Services Consultant, Chicago IL
Sentry – Apply Today
What You’ll Do
The ideal Safety Consultant will be in Northern IL and have safety or loss prevention experience in a commercial growing or horticulture setting. The candidate will need to travel to customer locations and conduct onsite safety and risk assessments including training to our business insurance customers located in IL, IA, MO, WI and MN.
- Conduct onsite risk evaluation surveys and complete detailed reports to assist our Underwriting groups with account acceptability.
- Provide risk management and consultative services to businesses by developing and implementing safety polices, programs and procedures specific to each account.
- Develop and demonstrate safety management expertise in areas such as commercial property protection, employee safety, product and employment liability and vehicle safety.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct safety/risk management training programs for accounts to promote awareness and reduce claim frequency and severity.
- Develop and execute service proposals and plans to large accounts.
What it Takes
Bachelor’s Degree required• Emphasis in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, or Physical Sciences preferred• 5-8 years of insurance safety consulting• Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations• High level of independence, organization, and self-motivation to work from home• Ability to coordinate and service large accounts with multi location operations• Familiarity with occupational safety and fire protection standards or food safety regulations• High level of verbal and written communication skills• Acceptable motor vehicle record• Ability to travel overnight up to 50% of the time• Familiarity with greenhouse construction/horticultural industry preferred• Bilingual Spanish preferred
What You’ll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.