Workers Compensation and Claims Manager, Downers Grove IL
PLZ Aeroscience is hiring a Workers Compensation and Claims Manager based at the corporate office in Downers Grove, IL.
This position will take a proactive approach managing woker compensation claims and transitional duty programs. This approach will be reflected in proactive claims management as well as follow up and enforcement of process management in reporting claims and investigation. Success of Transitional Duty programs will be reflected by the percent of participation.
This role will manage the workers’ compensation program in conjunction with the third party administrator (TPA) including reviewing and processing claims, working with HR in participating in settlement negotiations.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review, process claims, daily management of current claims, participate in settlement negotiations if necessary.
- Maintain Work Comp documentation files.
- Work with Insurance to ensure claims are processed efficiently
- Investigate or oversee the investigation of claims
- Attend workers’ compensation hearings (if applicable)
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidate will have
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in risk management and managing a claims program that spans state lines.
- Experience managing a Workers Compensation Claims Process in multiple states and Canada.
- Ability to travel to site locations as needed
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle heavy task levels.