March 10, 2023
11:40 am - 1:00 pm
*CHANGE OF VENUE – Oak Brook, Maggiano’s Little Italy*
Did you know that utility lines are buried on your property? That’s because today most electric, gas, water, sewer, and communications companies deliver their services underground. If you’re planting, building, adding, or fixing anything that requires digging call JULIE!
JULIE, Inc. (Joint Utility Locating Information for Excavators), also known as the “Illinois One-Call System,” is a not-for-profit organization that provides professional excavators and homeowners a free service to contact to request the locating and marking of underground utility facilities. Simply call 8-1-1 or 800-892-0123. Across the country, every few minutes an underground utility line is damaged because someone decided to dig without contacting a one-call center such as JULIE first. This is a free service. JULIE neither owns nor marks any underground utility lines.
- Review the state laws associated with underground utilities
- Understand what utility lines are buried on your property
- Debunking the myths for not contacting JULIE
- What to do if damage occurs to an underground utility
- David Van Wy, Co-chair of the Safety/Risk Management/Utility Committee for the Illinois Underground Contractors Association and participates in the Greater Chicagoland Damage Prevention Council.
11:30 am Lunch & Networking
11:55 am Chapter Announcements & Introductions
~Noon to ~1:00 pm Presentation
Register to Attend:
*** $40.00 Charge for Walk-Ins
Venue: Oakbrook Center - Maggiano's Little Italy
Venue Phone: (630) 368-0300