OSHA – Employer/Supervisor Civil and Criminal Liabilities
- December Chapter Meeting
December 14, 2018
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
TOPIC: OSHA – Employer and Supervisor Civil and Criminal Liabilities
As workplace safety and health compliance expands, the Employer and Managers face increasing civil and criminal liability. The program will cover all aspects of OSHA liability, inspections, multi-employer workplace, workplace violence and civil liabilities under employment laws (ADA, FMLA) and Illinois law.
- Understand current OSHA enforcement agendas including the learner’s potential civil and criminal liability.
- Understand how to develop and enforce a compliant program.
- Understand how to respond to OSHA inspections and defend citations.
- Understand how to avoid liability for employee retaliation/discrimination claims relating to drug screening, whistleblowing, workers’ compensation.
SPEAKER: Mark Lies
Mark is a Labor and Employment Attorney and Partner with Seyfarth Shaw. He specializes in Occupational Safety and Health Law and related employment law and personal injury. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1968 and DePaul University School of Law in 1974. He was a Commissioned Officer in the U.S. Navy and is a Vietnam Veteran.
- 11:15 – 11:45 Check-in
- 11:30 – Noon Lunch is served
- Noon – ~1:00 Announcements & Presentation
- ~1:15 TRC Board Meeting – all members welcome to attend and observe.
Register today. Walk-ins will be charged $45 to attend.
Venue: Hyatt Regency
Venue Phone: 630-852-1234Address: