Do you have an open position in the field of environmental, health and safety in the Chicagoland area? Contact us at email@example.com to have your position posted on the job board below for 30 days.
Oak Brook IL – Hybrid
Chamberlain Group is a global leader in access solutions with top brands, such as LiftMaster and Chamberlain, found in millions of homes, businesses, and communities worldwide.
As a leader in the Smart Home industry, we boast one of the largest IoT install bases, with innovative products consisting of cameras, locks, card readers, garage door openers, gates and more, all powered by our myQ digital ecosystem.
As the Sr. Manager, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), you will develop and oversee a Global EHS management system, promote a zero incident EHS culture throughout the company, and ensure employee engagement and compliance with internal standards through EHS teams and committees to meet the established targets and objectives for the year. You will partner with plant operation leadership and all Chamberlain Group sites globally to establish EHS KPIs for the functional managers and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and legal compliance improvement. You will develop appropriate lead / lag indicators to track EHS KPIs against targets and objectives. This role is a part of our Global Manufacturing Operations group.
Candidates must be based in the Chicagoland area. This role will be hybrid, candidates must be able to travel to our Oak Brook, IL headquarters as needed.
- 15+ years of experience with an emphasis in environmental health and safety program management
- Waste and environmental metrics experience
- Experience creating / implementing an EHS management system in a multisite environment
- Prior supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field of study
- MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Standards and regulations on Health, Safety, and Environmental protection (advanced knowledge)
- Chemical testing / analyzing equipment and technical background
- Manufacturing technologies and processes
- Development of EHS strategy
- Understanding of EHS regulatory protocols
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Chemical Engineering
- Certified Safety Professional
- Certified Hazardous Material Experience
- EHS experience in an approved Safe Industry program
- OSHA reporting experience
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for the geographical areas for Chamberlain sites, including Mexico
- ISO 14000 experience
- Basic knowledge of the use of work environment measurement equipment
- Must be fluent in English, bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Additional Job Details:
- Manage EHS safety database and identify root-cause of issues related to work injuries and illnesses and environmental issues; develop solutions to address identified EHS action items
- Partner with site leadership teams and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place for Preventative Maintenance (PM) and engineering programs
- Facilitate risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects; work with leadership teams to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks
- Design and maintain training and guidance for EHS programs and standards; provide training for instructors
- Partner with leadership teams and conduct an annual evaluation of EHS compliance for local, state, and federal regulations
- Travel: 35% (10% will be international)
- Ability to be available on an as-needed (on-call) basis
As a Sr. Manager, you will:
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team by attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining team members
- Drive the performance management and compensation processes by communicating job expectations, monitoring and evaluating performance, providing feedback, and facilitating employee development
- Maintain transparent communication by appropriately communicating organization information to the team through meetings and other communications
- Lead and motivate individuals and teams to create a workplace culture that is consistent with the Chamberlain Group mission, vision, and values
We’re an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist its employees succeed.
Chamberlain Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence Recruiting@Chamberlain.com.