Do you have an open position in the field of environmental, health and safety in the Chicagoland area? Contact us at email@example.com to have your position posted on the job board below for 30 days.
3M DeKalb is the largest distribution operation for 3M globally. This is a new position. Come be a part of a world class team.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Providing technical expertise on all aspects of the site’s EHS compliance efforts including but not limited to Management of Change (MOC), Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, Fall Protection, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and Machine Guarding, Emergency Response Coordination, Process Hazard Management (PHM), and Hazardous Waste
- Supporting the development and delivery method of required EHS training to personnel
- Maintaining appropriate recordkeeping documentation to comply with all regulatory requirements and programs
- Leading cross functional teams through EHS incident investigation and root cause analysis and High Hazard Risk Reduction Assessments
- Leading the sites Safety Team meetings and associated activities that drive our EHS Culture of Excellence and risk reduction
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- One (1) year of Environment Health and Safety (EHS) experience in a private, public, government or military environment (an Internship or Co-Op is considered qualifying)
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Three (3) years of Environment Health and Safety (EHS) experience in a private, public, government or military environment (an Internship or Co-Op is considered qualifying)
- Experience leading EHS projects and creating departmental and plant Lean Six Sigma targets
- Experience in managing environmental programs such as hazardous waste
- EHS-related certification(s) is/are a plus (or willingness to obtain)
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.