March 8, 2024
7:30 am - 2:30 pm
Achieving safety excellence within organizations can be challenging due to various factors. This course delves into the development of effective safety strategies that prioritize continuous learning and collaboration with leadership to proactively address risks. By analyzing a comprehensive case study of CEO Paul O’Neill’s tenure at Alcoa, you’ll gain insights into how safety can become a core organizational value.
- Analyze both past failures and successes to promote a culture of safety.
- Understand the importance of deliberate strategy in sustaining safety excellence.
- Learn how to utilize foresight to influence positive safety outcomes.
- Address the “knowing-doing gap” in safety practices.
- Identify and rectify leadership methods that hinder employee engagement and safety culture development.
Recommended Reading: ASSP PSJ April 2023, Article – “Making Safety a Keystone Habit: Strategies for Transforming Performance”
7:30 am – 7:45 am Process through Argonne Visitor Center
7:45 am – 8:00 am Chapter Announcements & Introductions
8:00 am – 12:00 pm Presentation
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Working Lunch (lunch is provided)
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm Tour Argonne National Laboratory
- This session is limited to 40 participants!
- A REAL ID compliant identification will be required to gain access to Argonne National Laboratory. Click here for a list of acceptable forms of identification.
Not a current member apply here and select Three Rivers as your primary chapter, see you soon!
Register to Attend:
Venue: Argonne National Lab